SR Performance Services Limited (‘SRP’) can provide the tests set out below, at its Human Performance Lab (collectively referred to as ‘Testing’).
For further information on each test, please refer to our Human Performance Lab Brochure and Services Explained resource or speak with a member of the SRP Team.
- Advanced Sweat Testing: Measures the amount of sodium you lose in your sweat to enable a bespoke hydration strategy to be created.
- Resting Metabolic Rate and Fuel Efficiency: Measures the speed of your metabolism (the number of calories your body burns at complete rest) and the contribution of carbohydrate and fat as fuels to resting energy expenditure.
- Exercise Testing: Measures your aerobic and anaerobic fitness, as well as the contribution of carbohydrate and fat as fuels to exercise energy expenditure.
- Assessment of Body Composition: Accurately quantifies body composition i.e., fat mass, muscle mass and girths. Cutting-edge, professional grade ultrasound technology is used to quickly, easily and precisely make an assessment.
- Blood Sampling and Analysis: Involves the collection of a small amount of blood (5-25 ml) that is later analysed for one or more vitamins, minerals, proteins and/or hormones. Food intolerances can also be assessed.
Within this document is a pre-test protocol that we highly encourage you follow to ensure accuracy of test data. You will also find a pre-test questionnaire form to fill in. Please do so and bring this along with you to your assessment, or email to us in advance of your assessment.
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions in the PARQ Section you will be asked to confirm permission from your doctor before you take part in the exercise element of testing.
Catering facilities are limited, and although you can get some drinks and snacks at the lab, we advise bringing some food (or sports drinks / gels ) to consume between your assessment(s), particularly if you if you are coming in for a long test and/or have been fasted beforehand.
Pre-Test Protocol for SR Performance Services Limited Physiological Assessment
The training and nutritional regimens two days prior to the testing session can have an impact on your assessment results. The following guidelines should be followed prior to each testing session. This will help ensure accuracy both in test administration and data interpretation.
Training / Physical Exertion
Please arrive at the lab in a rested state having had at least 24 hours of relative rest / very light training prior to the assessment. This is critical since residual fatigue and/or carbohydrate depletion can adversely affect test results.
Try to maintain normal, adequate sleep patterns (ideally 7-9 hours) in the build-up to Testing. This helps you to achieve your best possible results and aids in standardising pre-test conditions.
If you are taking part in an exercise test and are not performing a test that requires you to be fasted, keep your pre-test meal light and preferably at least 2 hours prior to the assessment start time.
Hydration levels can affect your test results. Dehydration can also cause false high lactate readings, which can consequently undermine accuracy of calculated training zones. Therefore, please ensure you are well hydrated before arriving.
Clothing & Measurements
Please wear clean, comfortable clothing appropriate to your test activities (e.g. shorts, t-shirt, clean running / training shoes). If you are performing a cycling test you may bring along your own cycling shoes and pedals to fit to the ergometer. You may also bring along the measurements of your bike (seat height measured from the centre of the pedal axel when in the lowest vertical position to the top of the saddle, reach measured from the nose of the saddle to the centre of the handlebars where they are clamped to the stem). The will help us to set the bike up comfortably for you.
Directions to SRN's Human Performance Lab:
Blisworth Hill Properties (main entrance; zone 1)
The Human Performance Lab is very easy to find, located just off Stoke Road, a short distance from the M1. On arrival to the business park, please turn left towards zone 1. The gate should be open, but if it isn’t please call us and we will open this for you.